Halloween 2019 Costumes Ideas : Everything you need to know about Halloween? Halloween is the most colorful time of the year. It is the spookiest night of the year, so get your pumpkins carved and your costumes ready as the time is near. Halloween is a night when you can unleash the beast inside you and can dress up the way you want. You can be anything from a superhero to a naughty nurse. People throw Halloween parties and it is I guess the most fun night of the year. Especially Americans, they take Halloween very seriously.
Apart from all this fun stuff which people do on Halloween, there are other things as well which people do on Halloween. They carve pumpkins and hang fake ghosts. They also hand out candy and dress up as something else. But do you know why they do this and what is the story behind all this? First, we will talk about the meaning of Halloween and then we have a quick look at the best costume ideas for 2019. The story behind Halloween Halloween also a contraction of All Hallows’ Eve is celebrated on October 31, a day before All Saints Day. The festival itself is a part but has a deep meaning. The history behind Halloween is very interesting.
It has some mysterious root, and is all about decorations, tricks or treat and costumes. But when did this start? The trick or treat started in Ireland, Scotland and Wales and it involves people dressing up and going door to door asking for food. Halloween’s root is connected to the Celtic spiritual center like Hill of Ward. This used to happen in Ireland. This is descended directly from the celebration of Samhain, which is the Celtic New Year. It is observed between the sunsets of October 31 and November 31.
Halloween 2019 Costumes Ideas
Samhain eve is the demise of one more year. It was believed that spirits of angels and demons walk the earth on that day. They travel to the afterlife on a night when the doorways between our world and the spirit world open. The actual Tradition The idea of Halloween has changed a lot as it was originally. The celebration was totally different from what it is now. The actual tradition includes people singing songs or poems and exchanging food.
This tradition has evolved and children are more involved in this. The tradition also holds bonfires at major sites like Tlachtga, it symbolizes fires used for sacrifices or to symbolize the sun. Tlachtga was considered as sun’s goddesses. Story Behind Costumes Now let us have a look at the story behind the colorful costumes which people wear on Halloween. The costumes are known as Celtic Costumes. The Celts began the tradition of wearing costumes on Halloween.
The Celts used animal skin to hide, this was done in order to hide from spirits. They either wore animal skins or covered their faces with masks. Celts also used to blacken their faces to fraud ancestors who had preceded them to the spirit world. People disguised in various colorful costumes go to people’s house engaging in silly acts and exchanging food and drinks. This is inspired by the actual tradition and custom.
People used to leave food and drink outside their homes to offer it to supernatural beings. Halloween Arrives America Americans celebrate Halloween very dedicatedly. But do you know the Halloween is not America’s own?
Halloween was brought to America by the European immigrants. The older traditions and customs mingled with American customs and there have been a lot of changes since then in the festival. Anoka Minnesota is home to the United States oldest official Halloween celebration.
They mark the day by performing stage and creating a bonfire. This is all about the history of Halloween, now let’s get to the fun part of Halloween. Costumes are very necessary on this occasion. Here are some most popular ideas for dressing up this year. Most Popular Halloween costume ideas What’s your ideal costume for this Halloween?
Dressing up on Halloween is a big deal. People design their costumes for a very long time, as they don’t want to be the messy one. Halloween gives you a chance to show your creativity and to portray yourself as want you to want to be. There are some most-searched Halloween costume ideas which have been popular over the years
1. Spider-man: Spider-man has been the favorite superhero for a lot of people for a long time. Halloween is the occasion when they get a chance to fulfill their desire of being spider-man. So rock the Halloween party with an entry as spider-man.
2. Harley Quinn: The funniest and the boldest costume of all time. Being Harley Quinn requires the guts she has. So roll your dice and try out the Harley Quinn look to make the heads turn.
3. Riverdale Character: Riverdale has been one of the most popular and most loved series of all time. Dressing up as a character is easy as well very attractive. It gives a “sexy/preppy aesthetic”.
4. A Wakandian: Wakanda Forever, the Wakandan costume is an inspiration for a perfect Halloween costume. Dressing up like a Wakandan and saying Wakanda Forever is a new craze and beautiful idea for Halloween.
5. Minion Costume: If you prefer to be cute, then a minion costume is the perfect choice for you.
6. Wonder Women: Wonder Women has been the favorite costume for years.
7. Joker: If Harley Quinn is your partner then it is obvious that you have to be The Joker. The Joker is one of the most liked costumes of all time.
8. Nurse: The classic dress up for many, being a nurse is one of the best costumes people have mastered. Every Halloween there will be someone who is dressed up as a naughty nurse in the Halloween party.
9. Jon Snow and Danaerys: One of the favorite costumes which people try is Jon Snow and Danaerys.
10. Disney Princess: The sweet and cute princess from Disney is another best idea for Halloween. These are some of the ideas which might lighten up your Halloween!!
The classic dress up for many, being a nurse is one of the best costumes people have mastered. Every Halloween there will be someone who is dressed up as a naughty nurse in the Halloween party.